Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Bay of Fundy Plein Air Paintout


Just heard of an interesting event happening around the outer edge of the Bay of Fundy this week: a Plein Air Paintout! Twelve artists from the Bay of Fundy region are participating in this 'first annual' event. Painting is happening in situ in Lubec, Maine, and on Campobello Island, NB, among other lovely Fundy coastal spots. Art created from the paintout will be exhibited at historic Mulholland Market in Lubec until August 25.

This is one of participant & instructor Micheal Chelsey Johnson's pieces that was created during the paintout this week. Here's how Michael describes the scene:

The tide went out while we worked, and the clamdiggers showed up with their big wheelbarrows and high boots to work in the mudflat. (I did not include the clamdiggers in my piece.)

Check out other Fundy Plein Air artists in the Art section of my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry,
I enjoyed looking at your blog. I participated in the Plein Air Painters of the B of F paintout, and Michael forwarded your request for images of our work, but I don't know how to go about it.; can't find your email address.