Thursday, October 04, 2007

I brake for Smoked Salmon!

Luckily for all of us, Bay of Fundy smoked salmon is available at many grocery stores and specialty food shops in the region. However, my trip to St Andrews, New Brunswick, last week landed me in the neighbourhood of the two best salmon smokers: Wolfhead Smokers and Ovenhead Smokers.

I picked up some freshly smoked salmon to bring home then snapped this quick photo before eating it. I'm a huge fan of both cold and hot smoked salmon - bon appetit!

3 comments:

Hotel_Goddess said...

I have to say one of the best perks of living in St. Andrews is the beautiful smoked salmon in our region! We are so lucky to have both Ovenhead and Wolfhead. You must try the salmon jerky from Ovenhead! Angela

Terri said...

Yes, I actually heard about the salmon jerky and tried to get some while I was there but Ovenhead was 'all out'. I'm sure I'd love it!

Klent said...

It looks wonderful! However, what is the difference between hot and cold smoked salmon. I was thinking of ordering some but do not know which would be better?