Sunday, April 25, 2010

Moose sightings guaranteed in Bay of Fundy?


Probably one of the most common questions - other than tide questions = that we tourism folk hear from prospective visitors to our Bay is:"Where can I go to see a moose?". True, the Bay of Fundy is largely surrounded by forest but it's not like we've got moose roaming around in predictable locations every day.

Over the years I've seen moose in just about every region of the Bay in both New Brunswick and Nova Scotia during my travels (including in my driveway, but that's another story) but they are tricky to summon at will.

I was amused, then, to see this fine moose statue 'uptown' in the Fundy city of Saint John, New Brunswick, this week. It's pretty much life-sized (large enough to make a serious wreck of your car!) and it's at least a photo opp that we can guarantee during Bay of Fundy holiday visits!

1 comment:

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

What a beautiful blog you have here. As a Nova Scotian now living in Kansas it brings me to tears looking at all these beautiful Fundy pictures. I remember us screaming for my Uncle to stop so we could buy sticky buns when we were kids. It's all we spent our hard earned vacation money on. Keep up the good work :)