Thursday, February 15, 2007

Blue Cheese Mussels

It's been awhile since I posted a favourite Bay of Fundy mussel recipe. This one is a bit unusual but excellent - if you like blue cheese that is!

Blue Cheese Mussels

2 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 stick celery, sliced
½ stick of leek, sliced
1kg mussels, cleaned
100ml white wine
30gr butter
60gr blue cheese, broken into small pieces
Juice of 1 lemon
1 handful of fresh spinach leaves
1 tbsp. chopped parsley

  • Place oil, onion, celery and leek in a pot and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.

  • Add mussels, white wine, blue cheese, spinach, lemon juice and cook until mussels have opened.

  • Add butter and parsley, stir and serve.

  • Serves 3-4.

Previous mussel recipes links on my blog: Green Thai Curry Mussels, Spiced Beer Mussels, and Mussels Panagea.

2 comments:

Maddy said...

Oh gosh, real food! I came here via a pal's blog - how long will I have to wait until I can eat proper food again! I ban myself from visiting your blog again before that time comes.
Thanks for making my mouth water!
Cheers

Terri said...

Hey, my pleasure, glad to meet another foodie whose mouth can water at the reading of a recipe! Terri