Sunday, February 08, 2009

Bay of Fundy launches daily updates with Twitter!

Attention birders: don't get too excited! despite my best intentions to learn more about Bay of Fundy bird watching, this is probably not the kind of bird watching you were hoping for....

I've been using the cheerily-named social networking application Twitter personally for awhile now to stay in touch with family and friends near and far but it just finally donned on me last week that Twitter has another brilliant use: as a daily microblogging site for news, special events, insider tips, etc. about the Bay of Fundy.

It's similar, in some ways, to this blogger blog, but there is one fundamental difference: Twitter is designed to enable daily, continuous conversation in communities. In our case, I see it as an intriguing way to connect our virtual Bay of Fundy community, which consists of people who are considering visiting the bay (prospective travelers) and folks who live on the bay (us locals). Blog posts on Twitter (known as "tweets") are made several times a day and are in short, single-sentence-plus-web-link format.

If you are as skeptical as I was about people posting "what I am doing" several times a day, stay with me on this...I think seekers of Bay of Fundy travel information may very well be quite interested in finding out what's up in our bay at any given moment.

Check Bay of Fundy out on Twitter using the new link on the sidebar or by clicking here.

No comments: