Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sea kayaking in Deer Island/St Andrews, NB

Sea kayaking is one of the best ways to explore the Bay of Fundy coast. I'm not a big swimmer but I've always felt comfortable in these stable made-for-ocean kayaks. I'm personally familiar with several kayak companies around the Bay so I thought I'd use the next few posts to profile each.

Seascape Kayak Tours' home base is Deer Island but they offer tours from both Deer Island and St Andrews by the Sea, NB. The owners, Bruce and Malena, are great folks who really know the bay and islands. Seascape offers both day and multi-day tours for all ability levels. By the way, if you happen to winter holiday in Costa Rica, you can also find Seascape there offering tours during Fundy's off season!! Hey, it's a rough life!

No comments: