Monday, February 19, 2007

The art itself

Whoops, how rude of me, I forgot to include a sample of Mary's fine work in that post earlier today. With permission, here is Parrsboro Lobster Boat.

Says Mary: I sat on the sand at low tide and painted this lobster boat waiting for the tide to come in. The landscape is a stunning contrast of reds and purples in the mud and rocks and deep blues to Carribean-like teal greens in the water. Enormous craggy cliffs rise hundreds of feet along the shore conjuring dramatic paintings every where the eye looks. The light is shimmery, like island light and the mornings are frequently foggy, even as the sun tries to break through.

I can't think of a better way to enjoy a few hours here on the Bay of Fundy with eyes wide open! Terri

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Terri, I am so honored. Thank You!