Sunday, February 25, 2007

Winter at 'The Rocks'

It's easy to love the Bay of Fundy in spring, summer and fall with all the sea-sky blues & greens and cliffscape cobalts & terra cottas. But in winter the tone of everything changes...really rather enchanting once you get used to walking around inside sepia photos! Here is a rare image of the 'famous' Hopewell Rocks in winter: strong, dramatic yet somehow peaceful. Thanks to Rocks staff Francine LeBlanc for sending along this stunning image.
Links to some of my earlier Fundy winter pics: Icecakes & Oatcakes, Winter Arrives on the Bay of Fundy

2 comments:

Richard said...

I was invited on an American travel writers trip to New Brunswick about 10 years ago, and we spent four days exploring the Bay of Fundy. It was magical.

I was one of two Canadians on the trip, joined by about 30 US writers. They loved the Bay of Fundy, and thought Atlantic Canada was one of the world's most beautiful places.

My piece was a short one; I've republished it on here.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Hi Terri,
Wonderful photo. I would love to see it in winter too!