Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bay of Fundy car ad?

With so many attractive and accessible beachscapes around the Bay of Fundy, I've often wondered why our region doesn't get selected more often as car ad shooting location...I mean really, there are only so many ways they can keep showing the desert...

As far as I know, Bay of Fundy has only been used once officially for car promo: GM truck road tests at Cape d'Or Lighthouse in Advocate Harbour back in Nov. 2006 (only a couple months after I started this blog).

So, to show the potential of this, I took it upon myself to create this sample Volkwwagon promo photo of me and my beetle. With a bit of practice, I even mastered the frozen Barbie smile - well, the cool November weather helped!

4 comments:

Austin D said...

Nice Picture, what's with the Broccoli on the dash?

Terri said...

haha Austin.. you caught me. I took this photo at Kingsport beach, near Wolfville, NS...which, if you know your Fundy geography, is in the heart of 'farm country'.

That particular broccoli jumped off the back of a farm truck and on to my dash (well, after I picked it up off the road)...roadkill: vegetarian style...!!

Terri said...

OK this is too weird
THe day after I did my Fundy-should be-used-in-a-car-ad post, look what shows up on Nov 20 in WHEELSpress: an article about someone test driving the 09 Saturn Astra in the Hopewell, New Brunswick, region of FUndy!!
...http://thechronicleherald.ca/Wheels/1091582.html
I think I'll imagine winning the lottery today then buy a ticket tomorrow....

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I'm with you!